Re: XEmacs on laptop BEEPING

Wayne Cuddy <wayne@crb-web.com> writes:

> I have xemacs20.x loaded on my Toshiba laptop.

First of all.
  1. Questions like this are more likely to be answered in a more
     specific form, like comp.emacs.xemacs
  2. Before you post, do some research using the FAQ and dejanews and
     you will see that lots of people have shared your problems and
     solutions are already presented there. You'll the find it is
     Q 2.1.11 of the FAQ. This will save me and other a lot of time.

Now the hard part
  3. it isn't an XEmacs problem at all. It is an XServer problem. In
     particular with the implementation for some C&T chipsets.
     (you'll see this problem is also mentioned in the XFree86 docs).

Now the good part

4. There is work around. Put
       Option "sw_cursor"
     in XF86Config.