Re: Diamond 3D 2000 with S3V to display 24 bit color

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Shao Ying Zhang wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I have a Diamond 3D 2000 video card. The chip is S3 Virge. The
> memory of the videocard is 4 meg.
>
> 	With this configuration, I cannot display 24bit color under XF86.
> I am pretty sure that my hardware is capable of doing that, as I can do it
> under NT.
>
> 	When I switch the default color depth to 24bit in XF86Config, my
> monitor started blinking....
>
> 	Could anyone help me please...

I have an identical setup, and am running the XF86_SVGA server with 32 bit
color. I had some difficulty getting this set up, but it runs fine now. I
used XF86Setup to tweak everything, and then when I was done there was a
little program (can't remember the name) which allowed you to adjust the
image on the monitor (left, right, up, down, etc.)

If this isn't sufficient, give me more information, and/or I can send you
copies of my setup files, etc.

Paul M. Foster