Y2K+38 disaster in debian?

Hi
There was a lot of noise about the y2k problem in old COBOL and M$
applications, but what about the "Y2K+38 disaster" in the POSIX world?
I was pretty sure that the new libc6 library implements 64 bit time_t,
but just yesterday, during the testing of my new application I've stated,
that when I entered (just by mistake) the year 2100 instead of 2010, it
got completely crazy :-(.
Are there any plans to implement the 64 bit time_t in glibc?
I'm afraid, that it will be a big revolution, because AFAIK time_t
is used to store the information on disk by some filesystems (i don't
know what about the tar archives and so on)...

Well, I'm not sure if I'll be still alive in 2038, but I hope that
the Debian 80.45.1 will... :-).

				TIA
				Wojtek Zabolotny
				wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl