Re: Debian Installation Problem

On Sun, Sep 27, 1998 at 10:59:06AM +0100, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> Myself I'm very fed up with it. I'm a Linux user since 1991, and Hamm is my first
> contact with a distribution other than SLS/Slackware. I had to face a load of
> problems since I installed Debian, and I'm really considering dropping it in
> favor of something that actually works.
>
> Sorry for these harsh words, but if there is something that must be idiot proof
> it's the installation system.

You can't be implying that Slackware's installation is any better than
Debian's? Slackware's involves all the crap with disk sets and it's
not at all obvious how to go about installing more packages after the initial
installation. Debian presents the same package installation interface
all the time, and it's not too bad to use after reading the documentation.
I don't think reading the documentation is too much to ask for a tool
as powerful as this.

Hamish