X-Win S3 setting error

    I have a S3 Trio V64+ with 2Mb ram but I can't config my display, it
always use XF86_vga16 and don't use the XF86_S3 so I uninstall the
XF86_vga16 then my XF86Setup is missing...
    Then I use the xf86config to config but it also want the XF86_vga16
driver so I copy the XF86_S3 to be the XF86_vga16 and it work but I
cannot control the real reselation..
I meant the software relation, I set the hard reselation to any by Alt
Ctrl +/-.

    How can I config the software that can set the soft=hard driver and
the color
Thank you.