Re: X-Win S3 setting error

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Chan Min Wai wrote:

>     I have a S3 Trio V64+ with 2Mb ram but I can't config my display, it
> always use XF86_vga16 and don't use the XF86_S3 so I uninstall the
> XF86_vga16 then my XF86Setup is missing...
>     Then I use the xf86config to config but it also want the XF86_vga16
> driver so I copy the XF86_S3 to be the XF86_vga16 and it work but I
> cannot control the real reselation..
> I meant the software relation, I set the hard reselation to any by Alt
> Ctrl +/-.
>
>     How can I config the software that can set the soft=hard driver and
> the color
> Thank you.

Edit /etc/X11/Xserver, and set the first line to the location of XF86_S3,
like so:

/usr/bin/X11/XF86_S3

This should have been done by the xserver-s3 package's install script, but
you may have installed the vga16 one afterwards. Another way to do it is
to reinstall the S3 xserver.

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

                       Where am I? Who are these people?