Re: samba problems

Hi,

	Maybe I didn't explain very well (poor english mine!). As I said,
I have three NIC's (the linux is a masq machine). The tcp/ip part is
working ok, since all my internal machines can reach internet
(http,telnet,etc).
	In the smb.conf I added the correct ip's for all interfaces. I
even can connect to winnt machines with smbclient. Better, I can connect
to machines in all three networks (192.168.9.0, 192.168.10.0 and
200.136.52.0) from the linux server. The problem is with the winnt
machines trying to connect to my linux box thru the valid ip. (one of my
nic's have a valid ip).

192.168.9.0
eth0---------|

192.168.10.0 |
eth1---------|                     |---winnt/win95-----------
             |                     |
             |valid ip             |
             |---eth2--------------|-winnt-------------
        linux box

	I thought  MacAddr was the problem because it was the only
strange thing I could notice from the winnt machines outside my dept.
	Wins is based in MacAddr, isn't it?
	Should I put the  linux box IP in the lmhosts of the wins
server?  Could this help?
	Thanks,

On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:

> Ok, first of all it isn't the MacAddr that's needed, it's your IP. Now,
> the machines that can't reach your box, are they on the same physical
> network (for at least one of your ethernet cards)? samba usually only
> sets up one "interface" and that's the one that corresponds to the IP
> address which matches the host name (at last with the default smb.conf).
> You probably need to edit smb.conf and add an 'interfaces = XXX XXX'
> line.
>
> Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >         I can't get the correct MacAddr of my Linux box when I run nbtstat
> > in a Windows box.
> >         Are there some parameters to set in order to have this work
> > properly?
> >         I guess I having problems with the wins server (nt) because it
> > can't get the correct MacAddr of my card. FYI, the card is ok. All values
> > are correctly reported by ifconfig.
> >         I have 3 3Com vortex cards, working ok. From the internal dept
> > machines I can connect to my linux samba server without problems. Only
> > machines from other dept's can't connect to my server.
> >         TIA.
> >

> --
> Jens B. Jorgensen
> jjorgens@bdsinc.com

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes | "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
IPEN-CNEN/SP       | is the Lord's purpose that prevails" Prov. 19.21
"Then you'll know the truth, and the truth will set you free" John 8.32
'Then you'll know the code, and the code will set you free' Linux