Re: ISDN question

>> "GK" == G Kapetanios <gk205@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:

GK> I have the ooportunity to have an ISDN line instead of modem at my home. I
GK> was wondering whether having an ISDN connection is straighforward with
GK> debian ?
Quite easy.

GK> there is a package in hamm called isdnutils. However,
GK> what I found on the net was a FAQ (rather old) for a package called
GK> isdn4linux. Are these the same ?

Basically yes.

GK> Any ideas about a good external terminal
GK> adpter ? Any other manuals around ?

isdn4linux and isdnutils are only needed for isdncards. If you buy a
externel terminal adapter, you use it like a modem. You just tell them
to use SyncPPP with a AT command. The Elsa TQV TAs are quite good.

Ciao,
	Martin

--
from a 1996 Microshit ad campaign:
"The less you know about computers the more you want Micro$oft!"