Re: ip acct and devel. kernel

On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 08:55:15PM -0700, Max wrote:
> Is there something special I need to do to be able to use IP
> accounting with the development kernel (2.1.121)?  /proc/net/ip_acct
> doesn't exist and programs such as ipacset and ipfwadm complain about
> it.  What's going on?  Do I need to enable IP firewalling in the
> kernel?  If so, that option is greyed out and I have no idea how to
> ungrey it so that I can enable it.

ipfwadm doesn't work. 2.1.x kernels (later than 98 I think...I am not sure
since when) use a completely differnt way of working.

The new command is ipchains and is completely differnt...
for a quick and easy cheat... there is ipfwadm-wrapper
heres the manpage snippit:
DESCRIPTION
       Ipfwadm-wrapper emulates the behaviour of ipfwadm. You can
       use this wrapper to use your old  ipfwadm  firewall  rules
       with ipchains. See ipfwadm(8) for more details.

both are found on my debian system as part of netbase

-Steve
E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"