Re: Fixkeys Mini Howto

[Robert, this could be the basis for a FAQ entry: "How do I resize a Linux
partition?"]

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 04:42:33AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Hans wrote:
> > Guesss it's time for me to install debian, anyone know an easy way to
> > resize an ext2 partition so I can add another one??
>
> You can't yet resize an ext2 partition.

False. You can if you really want to.
There's an ext2 resizer available as part of the commercial "Partition
magic" product (http://www.partitionmagic.com/) for Windows. The code was
written by a developer of ext2 (Ted T'so) and will be released under the GPL
in the future. See http://slashdot.org/articles/98/09/22/2153256.shtml .

HTH,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks