Re: Re Help

> 2. I got the floppy mounted with the following command
>     mount -t auto /dev/fd0 /mnt one you do this you can only see the files
> in the diskette  that was mounted. Even when the diskette is changed.
>    my question is once you mount a floppy and use it do you have to unmount
> it before you can change the floppy. If so what are the commands to use.

make sure you're not using the floppy (e.g. current dir is not /mnt) then
umount /mnt

> 3. Currently my system does not see my network card. what programs to can I
> get to help me atomatically dectect it.  Basically I have just the os with
> no packages. Can I do it manually ? How?

Did you set up network support in the install process?

> 5. In dos you can have your current directory listed in the command prompt
> by doing prompt $p$g  what is the equivalent for linux.

Add the following line to your .bash_profile:

export PS1='\h:\w\$ '

> 6. Can I install the packages which come with slackware version of linux to
> debian linux?.

Yes, but if you don't know what you are doing this may cause problems -
Slackware packages don't include dependancy checking. Most packages are
available as .debs, so I'd recommend using these.

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo