Problems with system locking up, and blank or garbled vid screens.

    I just recently upgraded to a brand new sparkly AMD K6-2 300mhz CPU. This involved replacing the MotherBoard and RAM also. After doing so, I booted up to find that my Debian Linux was displaying garbled video, or just a plain blank screen. After a liitle experimentation, I decided that my video card was going shotty. I went and bought a brand spanking new ATI Xpert 98 AGP. Great Vid card. Too bad that it had the exact same display problems that my old cruddy S3 Virge was having. Thinking that it might be my monitor, I grabbed a dinky little one that I was using for testing, and behold, the problem was still there. Anyway, sorry about all the sarcasm, I am totally frustrated, and have narrowed the problem down to the MotherBoard that I bought. This e-mail is to find out what other Debian users are running a K6-2 on a 100mhz FSB, and what brand of MB they are using. I am currently using an EPoX
EP-58MVP3C-M MotherBoard, 64Megs PC100 memory and the CPU is clocked at it's rated 300mhz with a 100mhz FSB and a 3x multiplier. I was hoping to find someone out there who might suggest a different brand of 100mhz Super7 board for the K6-2 300mhz. Any input is greatly appreciated. I would prefer sugestions from people currently running a setup similar to mine, minus the MB, and with Debian "Hamm" 2.0 running (X-Windows optional).

Thanks,

J. Jones

PS: I have also had problems with the video on this board under Windoze 98, 95, and NT4.0. It is rated highly by everyone that has tested it but I suggest that you go with something else if you are looking for a 100mhz capable Socket7 board. It seems to have stability, untill you take it out of it's box and install it  :o)