Re: getting sendmail to relay...

> slackware machine to relay all the mail for irony.org.
> here's what it logs:
>
> Sep 21 19:47:19 irony sendmail[3703]: TAA03703: ruleset=check_rcpt,
> arg1=<xxxxxx@debian.org>, relay=root@serqet.irony.org [192.168.13.4],
> reject=550 <xxxxxx@debian.org>... Relaying denied
>
> Does anybody know the arcane wonders of sendmail well enough to tell me
> what to put into the conf file? I don't really want to change MTAs...but I
> do need a main mail hub.
> Any help would be appreciated

www.sendmail.org is your friend here, but the file you're looking for
is /etc/mail/relay-domains.  Put 'irony.org' there, reload, and you
should be ready to roll.  This assumes sendmail 8.9.x; you didn't say
what version of Debian you installed.  It matters, since 8.8.x (a)
relays by default and (b) often uses different mechanisms for enabling
relaying if you do disable it.

--
Pete Harlan
harlan@pointofchoice.com