Re: Need help with resolution

On Mon, Sep 21, 1998 at 07:43:35AM -0500, Ken Archer wrote:
> You are right.  That SHOULD work, but I had already tried that and it didn't
> solve the problem.  From what I can see, it seems to be a problem with the
> system only seeing 256k of videoram when it has 2 meg.  I should normally be
> able to toggle between resolutions with Ctrl - Alt - "+", but it is locked into
> 640x480 because that is all that's available.

ahhh....
hmm are you sure your using the right server?

The Debian setup is a very nice one but...takes a little getting used to
from other systems.,...

do you have the right Xserver installed? (they are xserver-* packages)

I know you probably have all this right but it doesn't hurt to check all the
bases :)

can you give a dump of x startup? ( startx 2> dump )

some others suggested explicitly telling it how much RAM...id try that too

-Steve

E-mail "Bumper Stickers":
"A FREE America or a Drug-Free America: You can't have both!"
"honk if you Love Linux"