Re: MTA Frustration: Exim

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> Right, because if you have a local user of foo, it tries to deliver it to
> foo@student.canterbury.ac.nz NOT foo@calabash.student.canterbury.ac.nz
> because that is what you have told it to do. It then finds that another
> server is the official mailhost for student.canterbury.ac.nz and tries to
> deliver it there but since there is no foo@student.canterbury.ac.nz, it
> probably bounces.

> Try this:
>
> rerun eximconfig, select staellite system, let it configure your system.
> Add an /etc/alias entry for each real user on your local system:
>
> joe:	real-joe
> bill:	real-bill
> jeff:	real-jeff
>
> exactly as shown. Any user with real- prepended gets delivered locally.

I saw that in the docs somewhere. I thought it looked useful, but I had no
idea how to use it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I've also tried running eximconfig and
selecting local system (mail is sent and recieved only locally). This
doesn't work either. This is making me quite suspicious: maybe something
else is broken. Is it possible exim doesn't like my machine name
("Caliban") starting with a capital?

Andrew Tarr

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"