Re: MTA Frustration: Exim

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998 AJT60@student.canterbury.ac.nz wrote:

> That's what I want to do. Outgoing mail is working fine. The only
> other thing I want is for local mail (such as ajt@Caliban) to be
> delivered. At the moment it's not being delivered, and I have no idea why.

Right, because if you have a local user of foo, it tries to deliver it to
foo@student.canterbury.ac.nz NOT foo@calabash.student.canterbury.ac.nz
because that is what you have told it to do. It then finds that another
server is the official mailhost for student.canterbury.ac.nz and tries to
deliver it there but since there is no foo@student.canterbury.ac.nz, it
probably bounces.

Try this:

rerun eximconfig, select staellite system, let it configure your system.
Add an /etc/alias entry for each real user on your local system:

joe:	real-joe
bill:	real-bill
jeff:	real-jeff

exactly as shown. Any user with real- prepended gets delivered locally.

qualify_domain = student.canterbury.ac.nz
local_domains_include_host = true

comment out the local_domains entry in the exim.conf,

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!