Re: About realplayer

> > I installed rvplayer on my machine (slink updated this morning)
> > but everytime i try to run welcome.rm (provided with realplayer
> > package) it tell's me this: File compression not supported. Cannot
> > locate the requested RealAudio decoder.  For more information,
> > please see Error 38 at: http://www.realaudio.com/help/error I
> > checked error 38 but it only mentions windows. I've strace'd the
> > thing but it find's everyfile it tryes to open, except
> > pnconfig.cfg!  Does any of you know how to fix this...  Thanks!

I've noticed that realplayer is really stupid when it comes to shared
libraries.  Try adding /usr/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable ("export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" if you
use bash.  Chances are you don't have a LD_LIBRARY_PATH already, so
you can use "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib").

I had the same error you did when I installed real player, and this
seemed to fix everything.

John