Re: About realplayer

> Date:          Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:04:31 +0100 (WEST)
> From:          Mario Filipe <mjnf@uevora.pt>
> To:            debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject:       About realplayer

> HI
>
> I installed rvplayer on my machine (slink updated this morning) but everytime i
> try to run welcome.rm (provided with realplayer package) it tell's me this:
>
> File compression not supported. Cannot locate the requested RealAudio decoder.
>
> For more information, please see Error 38 at:
>         http://www.realaudio.com/help/error
>
>         I checked error 38 but it only mentions windows. I've strace'd the
> thing but it find's everyfile it tryes to open, except pnconfig.cfg!
>
>         Does any of you know how to fix this...
>
>         Thanks!
>
>         Mario Filipe
>         mjnf@uevora.pt
> ----->  http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf | Agora bilingue (PT e EN)
> ----->                                      Now bilingual (PT and EN)
>

> --

one possibility-
from: http://service.real.com/help/player/unix3.0/upgrade.html

When you upgrade your Web browser, you may lose the configuration information for RealAudio Player.
 Refer to
Quick Start for detailed instructions for configuring Netscape Navigator 2.0 and 3.0.

To restore the configuration information:

   1.Change directories to the raplayer directory.

   2.Type:
          cat Mailcap >> $HOME/.mailcap

     This appends the mailcap file distributed with the RealAudio Player
 to the .mailcap file in your home directory.

   3.Type:
          cat Mime.types >> $HOME/.mime.types

     This appends the Mime.types file distributed with the RealAudio Player to
the .mime.types files in your home
     directory.

   4.Exit your web browser and restart it to load the new
configuration information.