control and mail on debian 2.0

I have a debian machine that is a firewall for my network.  I would
like to remove the monitor and keyboard on the machine so I need a way
to control it by a secure shell from my internal network.  Is there
any way to do this?  I looked for ssh and did not find it.  Is it
hidden in a package that I did not see?

Also, I would like to have Pine for my email.  In past distributions
all I had to do was connect to contrib or non-free and get it.  This
time I did not see it.  Is tere a problem with this?

Thanks for any help.

Brian

==
Brian Schramm