Boot Problem

Well, I loaded Debian from floppy. However, while it boots from the boot
floppy fine, when I try to boot from the hd, it doesn't appear to load
anything, and stops at a 1FA: prompt (to which nothing can be typed).

Also, do I have to load the drivers for the serial ports, or is that
automatically  included in the install with no action from my part? I
saw an entry for serial ports (with three numbers in parenthesis), and
installed it (could that be my problem?) I confirmed the request to make
the hd bootable, so logically, everything should pop right up.

Mike