Re: Debian 2.0: pon works, diald gets PAP authentication failure

On Wed, Sep 16, 1998 at 12:51:46PM +0000, Ken Westerback wrote:

> I have a working ppp connection, using PAP, available through pon or
> wmppp as evidenced by the console messages:

 [logs and config files snipped]

> Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

Sounds like you need to add the following line to your diald.options:

pppd-options noauth user pann

(using your own username, of course).

My working configuration is detailed in the URL in my sig.

HTH,
Pann
--
                     What's All the Buzz About Linux?