RE: Debian on HP 9000

Hi,
That box is very similar to the hp9k-835.  It's a hppa 1.0 chip set.  I don't
think I have ever seen any binaries for that one.  That system also has i/o
cards that are, well, different from the workstations.  The 635 was never
produced in large numbers so finding drivers for the i/o system would be a long
shot.  Doesn't sound too likely to me.  It's probably been done somewhere in
Ft. Collins or Cuppertino.

Those were good machines in their day but that was 9 years ago.  (We got an 835 in
1989).  The box is rock solid but old and slow by today's standards.  The 835 has
y2k problems in the firmware and hp isn't going to fix them.  I think you can run
hpux 10.20 but I don't know about 11.0.  The one we have is still back at 9.0.