Dos partition not mounted after new kernel boot

Dear Debianers,

I just compiled a new kernel in Debian 2.0 (excluding PCI, SCSI, ...,
from the default Debian 2.0.34 kernel, and adding ISDN, APM) using
kernel-package (thanks to Manoj Srivastava for the excellent work).
After rebooting (both the diskette and the HD boots work), I noticed
that my DOS partition /c is not mounted any longer, although it has an
entry in fstab as before (fstab has not been touched).
This must be a triviality for the experts: can you tell me how to solve
the problem?
Another simple question:
I have saved the old kernel image as Debianvmlinuz-2.0.34 in /boot
(by copying it with cp), created the link
/Debianvmlinuz --> /boot/Debianvmlinuz-2.0.34
and added an entry in lilo.conf.
Since the original /lib/modules/2.0.34 directory was renamed to
...34.save, when I boot using the old kernel there are several error
messages (modules not found or whatever: I'll be precise if this is
necessary). What should one do to keep 2-3 kernels available with the
proper modules list?
Finally, the new /boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34 has different permissions than the
original one: why and what are the correct ones?
Thank you.
Remo
| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |