Re: Linux for Disabled -- Contact sought

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 11:40:40PM +0100, Ted Harding wrote:
> A few years back there was a guy (in the US) active on some of the Linux
> lists who was developing linux applications for the disabled.
>
> He set up his own list, as I recall, and disappeared from general view.

The Linux Access HOWTO has this
(http://sunsite.unc.edu/mdw/HOWTO/Access-HOWTO-7.html#ss7.2):
:7.2 Mailing Lists
:
:There are two lists that I know of covering these issues specifically for
:Linux. There are also others which it is worth researching which cover
:computer use more generally. Incidentally, if a mail is sent to these lists
:I will read it eventually and include any important information in the
:Access-HOWTO, so you don't need to send me a separate copy unless it's
:urgent in some way.
:
:The Linux Access List
:
:This is a general list covering Linux access issues. It is designed `to
:service the needs of users and developers of the Linux OS and software who
:are either disabled or want to help make Linux more accessible'. To
:subscribe send email to <majordomo@ssv1.union.utah.edu> and in the BODY
:(not the subject) of the email message put:
:
:     subscribe linux-access <your-email-address>
:
:The Linux Blind List
:
:This is a mailing list covering Linux use for blind users. There is also a
:list of important and useful software being gathered in the list's archive.