q: Web/Mail Server

I am bringing a 256k DSL into my home to connect my Debian Linux
Server to.  I plan to use it as a Web Server.  I am currently running
the simple Mosaic Web Server software on it because all I really
need to do is serve up HTML, but I have a few questions for anyone
who might have an opinion or the time to respond:

1. Should I move to Apache, even if I don't need that much power?
   Would it be best because everyone else is running Apache and I
   can get better support?
2. Before I place this online, is there any suggestions anyone would
   make that would help secure the box before placing it online?
   Are there any specific packages I should not have installed?
   I should let you know, I will have it behind a Cisco 765 ADSL
   Router with Firewall/Packet Filtering, I plan to filter
   everything coming in out and I will only allow port 80 that is
   coming in for the Server's IP address.
3. Lastly, I would also like to use it as a Mail Server.  Should
   I just use Sendmail?  or is there another package that would
   be easier to use and manage?

Thanks

--
deans@crl.com