Re: XEmacs novice customisation

On Tue, Sep 15, 1998 at 12:27:27AM +0000, David Warnock wrote:
> I definately do not want to start any kind of flame war on this. I
> believe that our preferences here are simply due to the what we learnt
> first (the best block support I have ever used was in MultiEdit on
> msdos). I also believe that as (x)emacs is so very customizable that it
> should be able to support both our preferred way of working. The only
> dificulty is learning how to do the customization.

Another thing you may want to consider: do you absolutely need some
breed of emacs?  There are several text editors available for linux,
and I'm sure that some try to emulate DOS-style editors.  I'm totally
guessing, buy there could be a Linux MultiEdit clone available.

I'm a keyboard junkie, too...  I prefer it to the mouse.  <shrug>

Good luck!
Matt