Re: kernel

Hi,
>>"Mikael" == Mikael W Asp <mike@cse.hks.se> writes:

 Mikael> Anyway. I have tried the usual way
 Mikael> make dep; make clean; make zImage/zdisk/zlilo; make modules; make
 Mikael> modules_install.

 Mikael> This usually works just fine in SuSE but something is wrong in debian.

 Mikael> I get this messages:

 Mikael> ppp can't find module ppp
 Mikael> serial can't find module serial

 Mikael> and so on with vfat and a couple of more. When I do 'uname -a' I see
 Mikael> that the kernel is 5 days older then the kernel I just compiled.

	Pardon me for the stupid questions, but did you ensure that
 the /vmlinuz and /vmlinuz.old were pointing to the right set of
 images? Did you remember to re-run lilo? Did you reboot?

	I do apologize for this if you indeed remembered to do all
 that.

	manoj
--
 If you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody
 will.