Re: Kernel Strategies

Hi,
>>"Chad" == Chad Walstrom <gunnarr@itasca.net> writes:

 Chad> No, I haven't R-all-TFM's out there, but I'm getting burnt out
 Chad> on 'em.  So, I'd like to hear a little about what some of you
 Chad> do personally to keep track of things.  What you like to do to
 Chad> back up old kernels, etc.  (The next FM's I'll be looking at
 Chad> include the Debian package creation utilities, reviewing the
 Chad> Kernel stuff, modules, etc.  Just give me a breather; I need a
 Chad> breather!  *grin*)

 Chad> The reason I ask this is because I'm wary about moving or deleting the
 Chad> .deb-installed headers from the /usr/include directory.

	Ans rightly so. Don't touch them. Ever.

	My personal guidelines (and really, I hope all that one would
 need to know) exist in /usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz. I have
 included in there a step by step process to creating kernel
 packages. If I have missed something, or there are things you do not
 understand, please mail me.

	Just one file, and it is not a large one ;-)

	manoj
--
 Use common sense in routing cable.  Avoid wrapping coax around
 sources of strong electric or magnetic fields.  Do not wrap the cable