kernel

Hi there!

I'm trying to compile a kernel in my quite newly installed
Debian-system. I have SuSE and Debian istalled and lilo on the master
boot. The lilo is the one in SuSE but loads the debian-system as well.

Anyway. I have tried the usual way
make dep; make clean; make zImage/zdisk/zlilo; make modules; make
modules_install.

This usually works just fine in SuSE but something is wrong in debian.

I get this messages:

ppp can't find module ppp
serial can't find module serial

and so on with vfat and a couple of more. When I do 'uname -a' I see
that the kernel is 5 days older then the kernel I just compiled.

What am I doing wrong? BTW, I even tried it the debian way with
'make-kpkg' and I installed the kernel.deb but that gave the same
fault. It did make some nice links though ;)

This is my lilo.conf:

# LILO Konfigurations-Datei
# Start LILO global Section
boot=/dev/hda
#compact
linear
read-only
prompt
timeout=100
vga = normal
# End LILO global section
# DOS bootable partition config begins
other = /dev/hda1
label = dos
table = /dev/hda
# DOS bootable partition config ends
#
# SuSE Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdb1
label = suse
# SuSE Linux bootable partition config ends
#
# SuSE old Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz.old
root = /dev/hdb1
label = suse.old
# SuSE old Linux bootable partition config ends
#
# Debian Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdb6
label = debian
# Debian Linux bootable partition config ends
#
# Debian old Linux bootable partition config begins
image = /vmlinuz.old
root = /dev/hdb6
label = debian.old
# Debian old Linux bootable partition config ends
#

Have a nice day
Mikael