Re: X install ERROR

>     _X11 TranSocket UNIX Connect:can't connect:  err no=111 giving up
>             XINIT:connection refused (err no. 111): unable to connect to X server
>     XINIT: no such process (err no 3): Server error.

Looks to me like you haven't configured an X server at all.

> 1.  What do I do?
>
> 2.  Is there a configuration application I use to set up the XF86Config ?
>
> 3.  Is there a driver for the Intel 740?

I guess that this is an SVGA card, in which case install the XF86_SVGA
package and run XF86Setup. You need to select SVGA as the server and then
just tell it the video ram &c. (superprobe can help in this respect).

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo