Re: ISDN in Debian 2.0: questions.

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Remo Badii wrote:

> Moreover, is isdn4linux necessary in addition to the ISDN package that comes
> with Debian? This issue is not addressed in the FAQ.
> In the Debian documentation, I read that isdnutils is all you need to run
> an ISDN connection.

AFAIK isdnutils in debian contains the userspace programs from isdn4linux.
So you don't need to compile it, you just need to compile a kernel with
isdn support (i dont know if the default kernel has it...)

> Can anybody suggest a card (passive, active?)?

I used an avm fritz!card, it is a passive card, but worked ok.

> Does one use plain PPP to connect, or Seyon, or a similar communication
> program?

synchronous ppp, you need ipppd from isdnutils to set it up.

Greg

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/