ISDN in Debian 2.0: questions.

Dear Debianers,

I have just read the isdn4linux FAQ (suggested by somebody in this list)
and, since I intend to buy a PCMCIA card, I'd like to ask a few questions.
I have just installed Debian 2.0 on my IBM Thinkpad 760 CD, with a 120MHz
Pentium, 40 MB ram, and a 2.1 GB HD.
I am about to try my first kernel compilation ever and I'd like to know
wheter ISDN support should be compiled in.
Moreover, is isdn4linux necessary in addition to the ISDN package that comes
with Debian? This issue is not addressed in the FAQ.
In the Debian documentation, I read that isdnutils is all you need to run
an ISDN connection.
Since isdn4linux is a german program, what do the american users do
(please, notice that I live in Switzerland: I plan either to call the
ETH - Polytechinc Institute - or an Internet Provider)?
Do you know whether isdn4linux can be compiled with the new glibc6
libraries?
Can anybody suggest a card (passive, active?)?
Does one use plain PPP to connect, or Seyon, or a similar communication
program?
Thank you for any information you may provide.

Yours sincerely,

Remo Badii

| Dr. Remo Badii             | Paul Scherrer Institute   |
| Nonlinear Dynamics and     | 5232 Villigen PSI         |
| Stochastic Processes Group | Switzerland               |
| badii "at" psi.ch          | http://www1.psi.ch/~badii |