[3] Balsa personal-confusion....

Hi,

Well I had a confution about the inbox FILE. I tought i was an inbox DIRECTORY
so i was creating a direcory in the /var/spool/mail named <user>. When i
realized i change it to a file and all works great. It was a stupid error of
mine.....
So when i try to make balsa use the suposted inbox `DIERCTORY; i play and
change with permission and groups of all of these directories: /var /var/spool
/var/soppl/mail. And now i want to return the defaults.
What permision, on whats group and who is owner of the files:
/var/
/var/spool
/var/spool/mail
                                               ????

Thanks and sorry for the confution......

PS: Balsa is suposted to be able to recive email from my ISP via POP3 and send
some emails too, isnit ??? (im working on it.....)

... wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Phillip Neumann wrote:
>
> > Robert Ramiega wrote:

> > >  I'm yet to get my hands on balsa but maybe You should give it just
> > > /var/spool/mail (that is omit the user part; point it to directory where
> > > inboxes are stored.
> >
> > I have try /var/spool/mail too. Balsa said, invalid path too.....
> > What else can i try ??
>
>         You will have to create your inbox yourself, Balsa will not start
> unless you have a file for Inbox, Outbox, and Trash.  This is kind of
> annoying IMO since I use IMAP and don't have a local Inbox.  Anyways if
> mail is already setup on your box send a message to your local account and
> that *should* create a /var/spool/mail/<username> for you.  If not as root
> try this.
>
> > /var/spool/mail/<username>
> chown <username>.mail /var/spool/mail/<username>
> chmod 660 /var/spool/mail/<username>
>
>                         mike...

                              /      Phillip  Neumann       /
                             /     filsin@bigfoot.com      /