Re: ping: sendto: Operation not permitted

Hank Fay writes:
> This was the message I got when I had tried to put my local IP address in
> the LOCAL_IP in my ppp config file.  When I fixed that by setting to
> 0.0.0.0 (it's dynamically assigned) all went well, to a point.

Why are you trying to set your local IP at all?  Why not use noipdefault?

> I can now Ping, but get nothing back.

Then you aren't pinging.  What do you have in /etc/resolv.conf?  Have you
given pppd the defaultroute option?  Do you have a default route on another
interface?

> <date time> sent [LCP EchoReq id=0x16 magic=.....
> <date time> rcvd [LCP EchoRep id=0x16 magic=<something different than
> above>

Looks normal enough.  What does the rest look like?

Have you tried pppconfig?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)