Re: DEBIAN 2.0 INSTALL BLOCK DEVICE NAME

I am a first time installer of Debian Linux 2.0 with Win 98 on the
computer.

What to I enter when on the installation program so I can get Emacs, X
etc. when installing from
the Binary i386 CD  I read:

    Insert the CD Rom with the block device name:

I enter:

    /dev/hda3, (have tried /dev/hda4 & /dev/hda5 with similar results)

I get:

    Wrong FS type bad option and super block ON /dev/hda3

I am using a Pentium 2, 300 MHz, 64 Mb ram, 6.4 Gb HD and an IDE CD-Rom
on
the secondary (primary) IDE port.

Again, What to I enter when on program installation I read:

    Insert the CD Rom with the block device name:

--------------------------

Each physical drive gets its own device, for instance:

your first HD		/dev/hda
			/dev/hda1 = first partition
			/dev/hda2 = second partition

your second HD or CDROM	/dev/hdb
	if your second hd is a cdrom there is only one partition.  Thus
	there is numberes following the drive.

I hope that this helps
--
          0 0      L & R Associates
           "       Home Page:    http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc/

LeRoy D. Cressy     	 /\_/\		ldc@netaxs.com
Computer Consulting 	( o.o )		Phone (215) 535-4037