Re: Commandline FTP

Johann Spies <jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za> writes:

>On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Darren Benham wrote:
>
>> When looking at the ncftp, I didn't see any place to specify a command line..
>> but I didn't look deeply into it.  I eventually just ended up writing a python
>> script (and getting it to work :)
>
>Did you use python's ftplib?  I ask because I once asked on the
>python-list how I could use "reget" using ftplib, but I did not get any
>answer.

    "reget" was a good idea when it was put in the spec, but in practice
    it isn't as easy as it seemed.  I know the ftp working group has been
    addressing a bunch of past issues, but I've not really been paying
    attention to the details.

    The tough part is that you will need reget support on both sides,
    The server needs to know how to start again in the middle, and the
    client needs to know how to continue where it left off.

                                    -Jeff

     |    Jeff Schreiber     | I do not like C chmod and fgetname.   |
     |    aka - "Spectre"    | I do not like them, VAXman I am!      |
     | schreiber@process.com |     (VAXman@tmesis.com)               |