Help! finding superblocks on hosed partition table

Oh, dear.  Just as i decided to store the whole file system, reinit
the hd, and reinstall, it beat me to it by one boot.  I had been
getting error messaes from fdisk, and it wouldn't create my new
partition 3.  (the "resource busy", reboot to save message)

The last act was to use mtools to copy from a dosimage to the floppy.
The new files didn't show up on the floppy, and now there's no
partition table.  And I don't recall the sizes :(

What I do know is that hda1 was a small (30mb?) partition for /boot.
I forget what was on hda2, but it was small enough that hda3 could
start in the first 1024 cylinders.  and hda4 was an extended partition.

A couple of weeks ago, i read about a program to scan the disks for
superblocks to try to solve these problems.  Does anyone recall
what/where it is?

desparately working from a laptop,

rick