Re: More CDROM troubles

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Lazar Fleysher wrote:

> It never detects the master device on the secondary channel, thus my cdrom
> is connected as a slave on the secondary( without any master devices on it
> which contradicts to IDE specifications..) CDROM is accessible from linux
> and dos.

That's really strange.  The reason I say this is because I've
successfully installed Deb 2.0 via CDROM setup as Master on the
Secondary IDE channel (/dev/hdc).  In addition, I haven't had any
problems mounting and unmounting it when needed.  I'm using an older
CDROM (4X Mitsumi - I think), but that really shouldn't matter (unless
you've got a pre-ATAPI CDROM).  Do you think it might have something
to do with your motherboard?

Chewie / Gunnarr
| Chad Walstrom <gunnarr@itasca.net> |
| http://www.itasca.net/~gunnarr     |