Re: mail fetching/delivering on a workstation connected with dialup

On 30 Aug 1998, Ole J. Tetlie wrote:

> I use exim instead of smail, and it's easy to configure. I suppose
> that's the case with smail too, but you might consider changing if
> you run into troubles. (Just an evil plot to convert the world :-)

It is with great interest that I read this.  I could never get exim to
work on my system (trying it out more than a dozen times) and before
Debian 2.0 did never have any problems installing and configuring smail.
The latest smail also was difficult to configure correctly but in the end
I succeeded.  I want to try out exim once more using George Bonser's (I
think it was his) unoficcial howto sent to this list a few days ago.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the
      whole world, and lose his own soul?"      Mark 8:36