Re: include-file in a LaTeX-document.

On: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:17:05 +0200 (SAST) Johann Spies writes:

> Afrikaans is my language and because there are at the moment no
> hyphenation rules for it, I use a file ~/afkap.tex containing a word
> list with the correct hyphenation as an included file in all my
> Afrikaans documents.
>
> After upgrading to Debian 2.0 LaTeX complains about that file with
> an error message that it cannot write afkap.aux.

You should use \input instead of \include.  \input will not try to
create an auxiliary file.  You could also use a style file afkap.sty
to be used with \usepackage{afkap}.  Just adding a line
\ProvidesPackage{afkap} prior to you hyphenation list should be
sufficient for a start.

> The permissions look like this:
>
> -rw-rw-rw-   1 jhspies  js            992 Apr 24 10:42 afkap.tex
>
> Why did the behaviour of LaTeX change on this point?

Check the permissions of the directory where LaTeX wanted to create
the aux file.

	Torsten