include-file in a LaTeX-document.

Afrikaans is my language and because there are at the moment no
hyphenation rules for it, I use a file ~/afkap.tex containing a word list
with the correct hyphenation as an included file in all my Afrikaans
documents.

After upgrading to Debian 2.0 LaTeX complains about that file with an
error message that it cannot write afkap.aux.

The permissions look like this:

-rw-rw-rw-   1 jhspies  js            992 Apr 24 10:42 afkap.tex

Why did the behaviour of LaTeX change on this point?

Johann.
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@alpha.futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg       |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "But the end of all things is at hand; be ye therefore
      sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things
      have fervent love among yourselves; for love shall
      cover the multitude of sins."      I Peter 4:7,8