Re: /bin/sh vs. /bin/bash

Hi,
>>"the" == the lone gunman <lgunman@crh3019.urh.uiuc.edu> writes:

 the> On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 08:46:38AM +0200, Torsten Hilbrich wrote:
 >> I recently installed an other shell than bash as /bin/sh (ash
 >> precisly) just to test the systems behaviour and noticed that some
 >> scripts stopped working correctly.  For example, /etc/init.d/rcS had
 >> problems executing some scripts (e.g., loading the keymap).  I changed
 >> it to be #!/bin/bash instead of #!/bin/sh.

 the> This is perhaps my only gripe against Debian.  I too would like to
 the> link /bin/sh to /bin/ash, but I ran into too many script problems, and
 the> I don't want to change all of them to use /bin/bash.  A script that
 the> calls /bin/sh should ONLY use "standard" /bin/sh functions, and not
 the> the extra features presented by /bin/bash.

	Please file these as bug reports for the relevant packages,
 with the details of the errors. These should be fixed.

	manoj
--
 Earth is a beta site.