Re: /bin/sh vs. /bin/bash

Hi,
>>"Torsten" == Torsten Hilbrich <Torsten.Hilbrich@gmx.net> writes:

 Torsten> The . command in the ash do not support command line options to the
 Torsten> called script (Does anyone have the Posix standard for the bourne
 Torsten> shell handy?)

	Nope, command line options are not required to be supported by .

	manoj

ISO/IEC 9945-2:1993 (E)
IEEE Std 1003.2-1992

Section 3.14.4 dot - Execute commands in current environment
lines 1491-1501

    . file
 The shell shall execute commands from the _file_ in the current
 environment.

 if _file_ does not contain a slash, the shell shall use the search
 path specified by PATH to find the directory containing _file. Unlike
 normal command search, however, the file searched for by the dot
 utility need not be executable. ...

--
 QOTD: "I never met a man I couldn't drink handsome."