Re: /bin/sh vs. /bin/bash

> Is this[1] to be considered as a bug and should I report it?
>
> 	Torsten
>
> Footnotes:
> [1] the using of non-sh features in a script started with #!/bin/sh

Yes, this is a bug! Please report it.
Even more, we had a BIG discussion of this issue and dicided to have an
alternatives for /bin/sh link (like bash, ash, pdksh).
A few developers even expressed desire to remove "essential" flag from bash,
that is every package that uses bash would have to declare explicit dependency
on it.

Alex Y.
--
   _