Re: file-rc vs. sysV init (was: enabling bootpc at startup)

Quoting the lone gunman (lgunman@crh3019.urh.uiuc.edu):
> Why is file-rc not the default, just out of curiosity.  I found it
> much more intuitive, and a bit easier and faster to maintain.  The
> default sysV init scripts took me a bit longer to figure out.

First, the sysV mechanism is more common (e.g., redhat) so people
familiar with other platforms will look for it. Also, the single file is
a little more dangerous in my mind: if it gets corrupted (maybe someone
misstypes, or two people try writing at the same time) you'll have a
hard time getting booted properly.

Mike Stone