Re: Can't rlogin/telnet into my machine over ppp

*- Martin Bialasinski wrote about "Re: Can't rlogin/telnet into my machine over ppp"

| >> "s" == servis  <servis@purdue.edu> writes:
|
| s> I can't seem to rlogin or telnet into my machine, from a remote host.
| s> I am connected to the net with a dynamic dialup ppp link.  I can telnet
| s> in from a win95 machine on my private home net though.
|
| Ceck if you have the "PARANOID" setting in /etc/hosts.deny (or was it
| allow?). Uncomment it.

I do not have this set because the remote host has 5 ip's
assigned to it with one name!

I found my problem.  I had the allowed hosts in /etc/hosts.allow space
delimited and not comma delimited.  With that fixed it still complains
about not establishing a secure connection and the rlogind says the
remote host has an address mismatch but I can still login.  The host
mismatch is not supprising since the remote host has 5 ip's.

Thanks,
--
Brian
							   - unknown