Re: How do I prevent Ctrl+Alt+Q from killing my X server?

> I'll have to go with Jens on this one. Doesn't happen on either of my
> Debian boxes. One running a Matrox MilleniumI (XF86_SVGA) and the
> other an IBM Thinkpad 755C (also running the XF86_SVGA server, I
> believe). It must be specific to your server or your configuration.

ahah.  Just the person I needed to find :)

I picked up a 755C 20/340 while on vacation a few weeks ago.

Generally no problem to install (after the initial floppy/
RTFM problems :), though transferring a full insall from disk was a
pain.

But a couple of big questions:

1) do you have the apm stuff working?  Particularly, can you charge the
battery?  At the moment, I'm trying to reinstall the dark-side so that
I can use its utilities with wine.  Really, all I need is to create a
hibernation file on a dos partition (it's use is governed by hardware
once set), and to get the battery to charge.

2)  if you still have the dark side, how big should the thinkpad
directory be?  mine is just shy of 1.4M, or 97% of a dos floppy.
however, I get errors reporting missing windows, and most of the dos
versions of utilities seem to be missing.

3) is there anything funny about ppp I should know?

thanks

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.