Re: PPP as normal user

*- Martin Bialasinski wrote about "Re: PPP as normal user"

| (try this please)
|
| Maybe you did the "adduser name dip" during the current session? Then
| you should login again.
|
| (and try /usr/sbin/pppd again. Different output/logs ?)

My user account has been a member of the dip group for a while.  This
morning I made a new 2.0.35 kernel and did a reboot so I am all fresh
logins.  The errors, etc. I posted were after the reboot.  So this is
not the problem.

The reason I am trying to get this to work is that I am using wmppp to
watch my modem and I would like to assign the two buttons it has for
staring and stopping ppp to pon and poff.

--
Brian
							   - unknown