Can't rlogin/telnet into my machine over ppp

Hi all,

I can't seem to rlogin or telnet into my machine, from a remote host.
I am connected to the net with a dynamic dialup ppp link.  I can telnet
in from a win95 machine on my private home net though.

I have shadow support on.  The error I get from the remote Solaris host
is:

% rlogin 128.46.112.35
Secure connection to 128.46.112.35 on port 22 refused; reverting to insecure method.
Protocol error, 128.46.112.35 closed connection
% telnet 128.46.112.35
Trying 128.46.112.35...
Connected to 128.46.112.35.
Escape character is '^]'.
onnection closed by foreign host.

^^ The C is lost somewhere as well.

I have telnet, login, shell, and exec enabled in my inetd.conf file(I
know not secure!).  I haven't tried to login remotely since this was a
bo machine, it is hamm with a little slink added.  So I don't know when
this problem started.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--