Re: DE-220 Ethernet Card

On Wed, Aug 26, 1998 at 10:03:01AM +0100, Nicholas Humfrey wrote:

>    Has anyone got the DE-220 EtherNet Card to work with Linux ? It is a
> popular and very available card which is supposed to be ne2000 compatible
> but is obviously not 100% compatible. It has PnP support and jumperless
> configuration. The HOWTO says that a lot of the ne2000 clones are not
> likely to work. But I thought seeing as this was so popular and widespread
> that it might.
>
> In my 486 it set it up as IRQ=10 and IO=340 but the device installer told
> me that the resource was busy or missing. I also borrowed a sn2000 from a
> friend without any luck either.

I have two DE-220P (the ISA PNP version) cards running in two different
machines.

In machine one, an old 486, I used the utility program that came with
the card to fix it at IO=0x300 and IRQ=10. Told the ne module io=0x300
and everything is fine.

In machine two, a newer K6 with PCI and modern BIOS, I installed the
card (out of the box) and booted up Windows to make sure it worked, and
then used `/sbin/pnpdump' and `man isapnp' to set it up.

Luck,
Pann